Friday, June 9, 2017

Reflection for June 4, 2017

The disagreement became so sharp that they parted company; Barnabas took Mark with him and sailed away to Cyprus." (Acts 15:39)

I try to stay out disagreements.  I certainly have them from time to time but I try not to let them get to a place of having to end a relationship of any kind.  Of course there are instances where the disagreement does go beyond the point of know return and we just have to go our separate ways.

That is never fun and especially if the relationship was deep and strong up to that point. A break up is not indicative of the depth of a relationship.  But things can change along with our perspective on them and thus the disagreement begins.  How we handle it determines whether we continue on with the other party.

The Bible has many points where people part company.  Even St. Paul was not immune to this. While he didn't stay by himself, you have to wonder if he thought about Barnabas after this blow up.  I know I will sometimes think about friends where a parting of ways occurs.  And there are times that I wish reconciliation was possible.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment