Friday, June 30, 2017

Reflection for June 24, 2017

"When we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew[d] language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It hurts you to kick against the goads.’ "(Acts 26:14)

Most of us know the expression having our buttons pushed, or being egged on. We know that we can react defensively to these proddings. Goads were long pointed sticks used to move cattle along. So if you are kicking against the goads you'd be accused of going against the direction you're being pushed.

I'm sure there are times in my life where I've fought hard against the push and pull of other people in my life, as they tried to get me to do something.  Yet there are other times that those urgings were exactly what I needed to get moving in the direction God wanted me to go.

So have you ever felt goaded by God?  If so did you kick back trying to head in a different direction or did you head the way you were meant to go?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment