Thursday, June 29, 2017

Reflection for June 16, 2017

"What then is to be done? They will certainly hear that you have come."(Acts 21:22)

It is hard to imagine going someplace where I wouldn't be welcomed.  I guess I'm fortunate that my reputation usually doesn't proceed me.  There are of course people for whom there presence brings potential conflict.  Controversial speakers are invited to speak and those who don't agree with them come unglued.  And the authorities wonder what to do.

Leaders may show up in places where support for them is not great, and the authorities again wonder what to do.  Perhaps an estranged friend or family member suddenly shows up.  What will happen?  How will those who have been hurt react to that person's presence.

It is hard to be the person who has to attempt to make the situation tolerable or hopefully enjoyable.  But sometimes even the most thorough planning doesn't work.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment