Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Reflection for June 14, 2017

"  Therefore I declare to you this day that I am not responsible for the blood of any of you,"(Acts 20:26)

Who do you feel responsible for? All of us know that we are first and foremost responsible for ourselves.  As a parent I was responsible for bringing my sons up.  I certainly feel some level of responsibility towards my wife.  And there may come a time when I have responsibility for my parents. As a priest I also have responsibility to my parishioners.  

Paul of course is saying he's not responsible if anything goes wrong in his absence since he's given them the tools they need to succeed.  And much like most of the responsibilities I listed there's only so much I can do beyond myself.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment