Friday, June 30, 2017

Reflection for June 25, 2017

"While he was making this defense, Festus exclaimed, “You are out of your mind, Paul! Too much learning is driving you insane!” (Acts 26:24)

I consider myself a reasonably educated person.  I have a Bachelor's and Master's Degree.  I regularly go to continuing education courses throughout the year.  I also enjoy reading classic novels.

I try to keep myself current on what's going on in the world, and having access to the internet I, like many, can find out all kinds of information quickly.  And yet sometimes all this information coming at me on the "information super highway" can be overwhelming.  When are minds are constantly engaged, not only are we learning, but we are also churning emotionally.  Sometimes too much information can drive you nuts.

There may be times when we just need to disconnect and let our brains take a break. Not for too long, but before our circuits get overloaded.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment