Monday, January 9, 2017

Reflection for January 8, 2017

"And the crowds asked him, “What then should we do?” (Luke 3:10)

I've never been a fan of the "one size fits all" model for anything. All of us have different tastes, we come in different sizes, our lives have different circumstances.   What we share in common though is a need for purpose and redemption.

In this scene from Luke, the people gathered around John, having been called a "brood of vipers," gets past the initial insult and seek his guidance in a way to lead a new life.

He gives a generic answer that could be applicable to many, sharing clothing and food when you have to those who don't.  Seems like basic outreach that most of us do in our churches.  But he also gets specific when pressed for more.

I don't know what John would tell me I need to do.  I'm sure if I took a long,deep look it would become obvious.  The problem is that what I might get called out on, maybe something that has regrettably become second nature to me.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment