Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Reflection for January 11, 2017

At daybreak he departed and went into a deserted place. And the crowds were looking for him; and when they reached him, they wanted to prevent him from leaving them. "(Luke 4:42)

I'm a morning person.  I get up regularly during the week at 5 am.  I don't do this to end my day, but to begin it.  I usually go to the gym, put my headphones on and enjoy some me time.  Other folks may have their me time at the end of the day and that's fine, whatever works.

Jesus also knew that he needed me time, especially after a very busy day, or in his case night.  So we are told he went to a deserted place, to get away from the crowds, recharge and then probably pick up where he left off. We aren't told how long it took the crowds to find him, just that they did, and tried to keep him from moving on. They had something good and didn't want to let it go.

I'm fortunate that my time at the gym is truly alone time.  I put my headphones on and can just excercise.  I don't know anyone there and so nobody bothers me.  How good are you at creating that time and space to renew yourself? Do you find that others constantly find you and try to infringe on that time?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment