Thursday, January 5, 2017

Reflection for January 5, 2017

" and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds told them."(Luke 2:18)

Sometimes when I hear about something, I can be skeptical.  I often think "consider the source."  This is very true in our age of social media, blogs, "fake news", and sometimes just the individual themselves if I know them personally.

We heard this passage two Sundays in a row, since Christmas came on a Sunday this year.  I've often wondered who the "all who hear it" are.  My creche would say it was just Mary and Joseph.  But if there were others were they amazed because of what was said, or because of who said it?  Sometimes truth and amazing stuff can come from folks who we don't think should know these things.  And yet this often how God gets through to us, by using the unexpected to reveal the truth.

So what are your sources of truth.? Who if they were to tell you something you would take it seriously?  Are you skeptical and want to "fact check" everything or are there times when you just listen and ponder things in your heart?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment