Sunday, July 23, 2017

Reflection for July 22, 2017

"Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame; let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous."(Psalm 25:3)

I'm not a big fan of shaming.  Don't do it to others and don't appreciate when it happens to me.  I'm willing to feel shame when I acknowledge having done something foolish, but I need it to come from within.  I really respect when I see others able to do the same to themselves.

But there are times in our world where I wonder is there no shame anymore. People seem to feel free to do or say whatever they feel like.  There is almost an bizarre pride in being "wantonly treacherous," as long as someone notices them.

I'd rather continue to try to do the right thing even if that doesn't get immediate results and may even lead to ridicule.  As a person of faith waiting for God to work things out is the way to go. No shame in that.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment