Friday, July 7, 2017

Reflection for July 7, 2017

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."(Hosea 4:6)

Ignorance is bliss or so the saying goes. But I'm not convinced of this. For me knowledge is the key to everything. We may have some innate abilities, but most of what we are good at comes from studying, listening and engaging. 

It is also true that when we have knowledge we are called to share it with others.  And when we keep what we know to ourselves or if we choose to be willfully ignorant we begin our own slow demise and take others down with us.
As a priest, there is knowledge that I have. I'm called to be a spiritual guide to others. In order to continue to do this well, I need to know my Scripture and my tradion

I want to continue to be a faithful priest to God's people.  So I better keep on top of the ongoing revelation of God.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment