Sunday, July 16, 2017

Reflection for July 16, 2017

"the God who girded me with strength, and made my way safe."(Psalm 18:32)

Strength can be measured in a lot of ways. There is of course physical strength. I try to work on this by going to the gym Monday through Friday.  There is also mental strength, which I work on by reading and attempting to stay focused.  And there is strength of will, which is harder to work on and perhaps is where God does the girding.

That strength of will is the ability to keep going when the odds seem against you.  Strength of will is courage based in faith and hope.  Strength of will comes from my belief that God is walking with me clearing my path and keeping me safe.

I would have to say that for the most part my life has been safe and I thank God for making it possible to use my other strengths in a positive way.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment