Thursday, July 13, 2017

Reflection for July 12, 2017

"They have all gone astray, they are all alike perverse; there is no one who does good, no, not one."(Psalm 14:3)

I'd like to think that most people try to do good.  That we seek the welfare of others and want to help in any way we can.  But part of me knows that this is an ideal and in fact the psalmist is closer to being correct.  Even the best intentioned of us fall short.  Our own self-interests often blocking our ability to do good outside of ourselves, often because we are trying to do well.

I don't know that I'm ready to say we are all perverse, but certainly we do go astray from time to time.

But when I allow myself to acknowledge my short comings, to work to improve and reorient myself, then I get closer to achieving that ability to do the good I want.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment