Friday, June 30, 2017

Reflection for June 29, 2017

"Some were convinced by what he had said, while others refused to believe."(Acts 28:24)

What convinces you of something? Perhaps it was an effective teacher.  Maybe a great speaker. Some people read and are convinced. When it comes to faith for me, I can't say that it was any one thing, but a combination of things that has over the years nurtured that growing faith.  

It may be different for me because I've been nurtured in the faith from the moment I came out of the womb.  So I've heard good preaching but that didn't convince me, I've read the Bible and other writings but that's not what convinced me.  I've had good teachers but that is not what convinced me.  As I wrote all of those have played a part. So what does convince me?

Living out my faith every day in community, that's what convinces me.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment